One thing I have always been stumped about is what I like better – autumn or fall? The word-loving side of me wants to say “autumn”, but the laziness in me wants to say “fall.” Yes, I obviously have too much time on my hands.
I love fall. And I love autumn. Because it is my favorite season, I’d thought I’d share a few tidbits about what makes it so special to me!
1. I love changing leaves, from the vibrant colors to the crunchy yard.
2. Nothing is better than watching two dogs jump through a pile of leaves. (Well, maybe kids, but we’re not there yet.)
3. The smell of burning leaves. And my husband writing secret messages to me while doing it.
4. Getting to dress up for Halloween.
5. Roasting marshmallows by the fire.
6. Turning off the air conditioning unit (and saving money!)
8. Not being so sweaty every day!
9. Soft blankets and cardigans.
10. Thanksgiving where I get to visit family and eat. A lot.
What do you call fall/autumn? What are your favorite things about this season?